Opthalmoscope #1161'This 16-piece opthalmoscope belonged to Dr. James Simpson Cull, who used it to examine a patient's interior eye structure. Cull held many positions in the medical field nation-wide and had many firsts to his credit: First Director, North Vancouver Health Unit; First Director, Peace River Health Unit; First Director, Unit 4 Vancouver; First Assistant Provincial Health Officer of B.C.; First Deputy Provincial Health Officer for B. C. until 1948; First Director of Local Health Services for B.C.; First Assistant National Director Canadian Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service, 1948, Toronto, Ontario. In 1953, he resigned his position in Toronto and moved back to Vancouver. He joined his father, Norman G. Cull, and worked in the optical business until his father retired. He returned to Public Health work until his retirement in June 1970 when he retired to Abbotsford and lived with his daughter.